Market research is one of the key factors used in maintaining competitiveness over competitors. Market research provides important information to identify and analyse the market need, market size and competition.
Gather Priceless Feedback and Emails in just 4 Steps using a Typeform Online Survey.
Market research is an important step to validate the assumptions you’ve made about your buyer persona, their needs and how you can add value to the marketplace.
Typeform is a free online form builder that has exploded in popularity in the last year.
Before we get into the “how to” guide, here’s an overview of sample results so you see the potential benefits for you:
- Validated interest in your product
- 56% survey completion rate (completion rates for standard forms is around 14%)
- Develop a much clearer buyer persona for the ideal customer. You can match this to data from Google Analytics and other sources later on.
- Built an email list of many potential buyers in 48 hours without a website, landing page or lead magnet (submitting email is optional).
- Time to set up & analyse results: 1 hour
- Cost to complete: $0
- Value: Priceless
Example of typeform survey:
1. SET UP A FREE TYPEFORM ACCOUNT
One cool thing about Typeform is that you can start creating an online form straight away from the homepage.https://www.typeform.com/help/create-a-typeform-account/
2. DESIGN YOUR TYPEFORM SURVEY
Designing a Typeform survey is also remarkably easy. You can “use a template” or “start from scratch”.
You chose to keep it simple and start from scratch.
To build your Typeform, simply choose one of the question types available on the left and drag it to the right.
Insert demo below:
Integrate With Your Favourite Tools
You can use Zapier to send entries from your Typeform to 500+ web apps including Mailchimp, Salesforce, Slack, Trello, Zendesk, and more.
However, it’s good to note that these integrations are available with the free basic plan so take advantage of this functionality if it makes sense.
3. DISTRIBUTE YOUR TYPEFORM SURVEY
The easiest way to distribute your online form is to copy the url and share it with your audience.
You can share by email, on Twitter, in Facebook groups, or really anywhere your target audience is.
Remember: Make sure your email subject line or post title is something that will catch people’s attention. For example:
- “Can you take a few minutes to answer..” – This is not interesting (where’s the customer benefit?).
- “I’m making a new course for you and I’d love your input” – this will get a lot more responses as you are reminding people you’re here to help.
4. ANALYZE YOUR TYPEFORM SURVEY
Setting up your online form is fun but the real value comes from analysing the responses.
While the survey is running, you can monitor your metrics across devices in the Typeform dashboard.
Once the responses stop rolling in (2-3 days), it is recommend that you download the results to excel so you can analyse them at a deeper level.
To draw insights out of the data, you can make pivot tables for questions that had standard responses.
Getting the pen and paper is probably the most beneficial thing to do. Rewriting responses really helped get inside your potential buyers head – it is highly recommend you do this!