The flexible nature of e learning means that we are likely to encounter it in everyday life. Some people seek it out in for additional learning opportunities, and for career advancement. While others may accidentally stumble upon it when watching a short training on their smartphone about their latest application.
Simply put, elearning is everywhere, and it certainly comes with some pretty awesome advantages – such as:
1. Scalable – Elearning enables us to quickly create and communicate new policies, training, ideas, and concepts. Be it for entertainment or formal education, elearning is nimble!
2. Capacity and Consistency – Using elearning allows educators to achieve a great degree of coverage for their target audience, and it ensures that the message is communicated in a consistent fashion. This results in all learners receiving the same training.
3. High Learning Retention – Blended learning approaches result in a higher knowledge retention rate. It also helps that coursework can be refreshed and updated whenever needed.
4. Time and Money Savings – This one is pretty well known, and a staple of any well-done elearning program. Elearning reduces time away from the workplace, eliminates the need for travel, and removes the need for classroom-based training.
5. Activity and ROI Measurements – If you are using a learning management system to deliver your elearning, then tracking learner progress is a piece-of-cake, and reporting on this activity is just as simple.
6. Reduction of the Carbon Footprint – By leveraging elearning for online testing and quizzing, the need for printing out paper-based assessments is reduced, in fact it’s practically eliminated altogether!
7. Flexible – Using e learning, you can give employees and students the freedom to learn at their own convenience, and at a pace that is right for them. Staff can be trained in remote locations and in a consistent fashion as anyone receiving on-site training.